Friday 8 January 2021

Layered Camelia - Vintage Frame Card

 Layered Camelia

Vintage Frame Card


The papers I've used to make this card are left over papers from the Merry Little Christmas set and the dies used are a mixture of old and new.   

The flower is from the new Vintage Flowers collection - the Layered Camelia.

The frame is the Nesting Chandelier Frames - from an older collection.  
I've foiled this onto a wood effect paper from the Merry Little Christmas set.  When using the cut, foil and emboss dies with papers rather than card I add an extra shim of card on top of the paper to push the paper into all the detail foiled areas.  The extra shim doesn't go to waste as after foiling I glue the 2 layers together to give the extra stiffness - so that I can mount the frame on foam pads without it sagging.  I've used Chocolate Copper foil for the frame.

  

I foiled my sentiment in the Persimmon Orange foil, and then cut/foiled using the inner part of the frame set.  I trim the middle out of the foil using a craft knife so I can see where to position the die and foil over the sentiment.




The Layered Camelia flower is foiled onto black card, which makes the Persimmon Orange foil really pop.
The die set has 2 parts for the flower petals, but I've added an extra layer.


I've added shape to the petals using a ball tool so my flower has lots of depth.


I've used Red Copper foil in the leaves so they are a lighter shade than the flower.



Couture Creations Products Used

CO727728  - Cut and Create die set - Vintage Flowers - Layered Camelia
CO727630 - Cut and Create Die - My Secret Love - Reaching Fern
CO726464 - Cut, Foil and Emboss Die - Modern Essentials - Nesting Chandelier Frames (3pc)