Monday 18 January 2021

Cool Blue Layered Zinnias

Cool Blue Layered Zinnias


Couture Creations Cut and Create dies can be used with either pigment inks or foil.  For this card I've used the Layered Zinnia Cut and Create die set with Card Deco Pearl pigment ink - Navy Blue.

The soft blue oval in the background is also created using the Card Deco Navy Blue Pearl pigment ink and a Couture Creations ink blending brush - I show you how to do this in my video (link at bottom of page)


 My card is 5"x7" and I've used navy blue card as a mat layer.  I've cut the mat layer to 4 13/16" x 6 13/16" and the piece for the card front to 4 3/4" x 6 3/4".

Cut 2 pieces of white card the to the size for your finished card front. 

Use a die to cut an oval in the centre of one of the pieces of white card to use as a mask - tape the die cut piece in front of the other piece - I used masking tape to make a hinge at one side.

Load your blending brush with ink and gently apply ink around the inside of the oval, leaving the centre white.  You can lift the top piece of card from time to time to check how much ink has been applied - its hard to tell how much ink you've laid down until you lift the front piece of card.

I've used Card Deco Grey dye ink to stamp some leaves and flowers that will be in the background, and added a sentiment in black ink.


Now you just need to apply ink to the dies, cover them with card and run them through your die cutting machine.  I've used the same ink on all of the flowers but for some I applied more of the ink (see my video)

  



Couture Creations Products