Wednesday 13 May 2020

My Secret Love - Rose Topper Card

My Secret Love - Rose Topper Card


For this card I've used the "My Secret Love" stamp set to create a round topper.  I've used my stamp press to repeat stamp in various shades of pink and green, and then used the same inks with a water brush to colour in the stamped image.  I stamped and coloured my image before die cutting using a nesting die set.


The backing paper is cut from one of the 12x12 inch sheets in the collection, and this card uses just 1/4 of the sheet.  My card size is 14.8cm square - I have cut down an A5 card blank.

The backing paper is matted with layers of green and pink card, and I've cut a mat for my circular topper from the same pink card.

For the sentiment I've used the "Lovely Tags" Cut and Create die set.  I've foiled one of the tags using Rose Gold foil and stamped my sentiment, from the "Forever Yours" mini stamp set,  in black ink. To foil the tag I've used my GoPress & Foil with the Couture Creations Conversion Plate.


I used the Hovering Butterfly Cut and Create die to cut and foil the butterfly.  I've also used rose gold foil for this and then coloured using the same inks used on the rose topper.


My video shows how the card is put together and how I coloured the butterfly.



Couture Creations Products Used:

CO727629 - Cut and Create Die - My Secret Love - Hovering Butterfly
CO727631 - Cut and Create Die - My Secret Love - Lovely Tags Set (2pc)
CO727589 - Double Sided Patterned Paper - My Secret Love - Paper 1 (5pc)  or
CO727587 - Collection Pack 12 x 12 - My Secret Love
CO727625 - Mini Stamp - My Secret Love - You and Me mini sentiment set
CO727602 - Stamp and Die set - My Secret Love