Wednesday 22 April 2020

My Secret Love - Water Color Roses

My Secret Love - Water Color Roses


 

This week I've been making cards using Couture Creations My Secret Love collection.  My cards are 14.8cm square - I've used an A5 card blank and cut it down to a square.

Down the left hand side of the cards I've used a 4cm strip cut from one of the 12x12" papers - plenty left to make more cards.  For the rest of the background on both cards I've used some of the stamps from the collection. 



I've made masks for my stamps so that I can over lap them.  To make the masks I just stamped them onto some smooth white card and cut them out, and then used a Zig 2 in 1 glue pen to make the back of the mask tacky.  The masks can be used over and over again, and if they lose their tackiness, you can just put a new coating of the Zig 2 in 1 glue on the back.


I've made a video to show you how I use my masks, and created and coloured the background for the 2nd card. The same techniques are used to create the background for the 1st card.

On the first card, I've added a lacy detail to the left panel using the Flourished Corners die.  I've stuck the die cuts together in pairs to create diamonds and then arranged them in a chain.  


I've used the same die for the corner details behind the topper on the 2nd card


My sentiments are also stamps from the collection - I've heat embossed them on both cards.

On the first card, I've used the "Lovely Tags" Cut and Create die set to create the topper with the foiled edge.  I've used some grey/green pearl card and to avoid getting any over foiling in the centre I've removed the foil from that part before applying the foil to the card - see my video.


I've made two videos to show you how I created these cards - one of the stamping and one for the foiling.

Stamping Video



Foiling Video



Couture Creations Products Used