Tuesday 6 August 2019

NOEL Christmas Card

NOEL Christmas Card


For this card I've used a backing paper, dies and a cut/foil/emboss die from the Couture Creations Naughty or Nice collection.  The hot foil stamp used to decorate the ribbon is from the Gentlemans Emporium collection.

I've made my card blank from a sheet of A4 300gsm white card - scored down the centre, folded and then trimmed to a 14.9cm square.  My gold mat later is a 14.cm square and the patterened paper is 14cm squre.  Alternatively use a 6" square card blank and cut the gold mat 5 3/4" square and patterned paper 5 1/2" sqaure.

I cut 4 of the Noel Frame mini die from my gold card before sticking the patterned paper over the top.


I also cut another 4 of the Noel Frames from white card - I used the card I trimmed off when I made my card blank.  The die cuts are layered together, along with some circles cut from some dark red card.


The NOEL letters are cut/foiled using Couture Creations Cut, Foil and Emboss Alphabet set, but you could use other die cut letters or stamp and heat emboss letters using gold embossing powder as alternatives.

I used some dark red ribbon, foiled in gold, to create a cross in the centre of my card.  I used a border hot foil stamp from the Gentlemans Emporium collection to foil the ribbon, but you can use almost any hot foil stamp.  There are some great border hot foil stamps in the Naughty or Nice collection too.

In my video I'll show you how to foil onto ribbon, and use the cut, foil and emboss dies - used for the letters and for the Christmas tree.

The gold backing card and the patterned paper are layered together before using double sided tape to secure the ribbon at the back.  I marked the centre point of each side to help me line up the ribbon correctly so the both pieces are straight and cross in the centre of the card.

  

Now you just need to stick these onto your card blank and then add the die cut Noel Frames with their letters in each corner.  I've raised all of the frames up on foam pads.  Add a small amount of glue under the centre of the ribbon cross, so that neither of the pieces can move.  The last thing to add is the Christmas tree in the centre.



Couture Creations Products Used

CO726425 - Cut, Foil and Emboss - Alphabet Set
CO726889 - Naughty Or Nice - Collection Pack 12x12 Papers + Stickers and Postcards
CO726927 - Naughty Or Nice - Curling Christmas Tree Cut, Foil and Emboss Die
CO726906 - Naughty Or Nice - Noel Frame Set mini dies
CO726848 - Gentlemans Emporium - Border Collection hot foil stamps