Monday 24 June 2019

Gentlemans Emporium - Aperture Frame Cards

Gentlemans Emporium - Aperture Frame Cards

For this project I've used one of the 12x12 sheets from the Gentlemans Emporium Collection Pack to create 4 cards featuring foiled frames around apertures.


I created 2 of the frames using one of the border hot foil stamps from the Gentlemans Emporium Border set (set of 3) and the other has been created using the Acanthus Corner hot foil stamp.



I've also tried out some Couture Creations foils that I thought worked well for masculine cards as alternatives to gold and silver -  Driftwood, Midnight Black, Grey Translucent, and Matte Silver.

From the 12 x 12 sheet I cut 4 14cm squares - this is the sheet I've used.  When you trim the sections to size, keep in mind which details you want to be on the edges of each panel.


I wanted to use some card a little darker than the patterned paper as a mat layer, and also for the frames.  On two of the cards I've used some plain dark grey card; and on the others I used some watercolour/stamping card coloured with an ink wash.  Couture Creations have some great plain card stock to coordinate with the Gentlemans Emporium papers.  


For both frames I've die cut a square of card and foiled before cutting the aperture out using another die.  For the round aperture I also used 2 dies from a set of nesting circular dies to cut a thin frame for the edge of the aperture.


For the square frame I used a square of card just a little smaller than the patterned paper and foiled on 2 opposite edges, masked the foiling using strips of card 18mm wide and then foiled the other 2 opposite sides.


In my video I show how to line up the corner and border hot foil stamps to create the frames.




Couture Creations Products Used:

CO726064 - Foil - Driftwood (Mirror Finish)
CO726075 - Foil - Grey (Translucent Matte Finish)
CO725693 - Foil - Midnight Black (Mirror Finish)
CO725351 - Foil - Silver (Matte Finish)
CO726844 - Gentlemans Emporium - Acanthus Corner Mini Hotfoil Stamp
CO726813 - Gentlemans Emporium Collection Pack - Stickers, Postcards and Papers - 12 x 12in
ULT158114 - Hot Foil Sentiments - Birthday Wishes
CO726468 - Cut, Foil and Emboss Modern Essentials - Decorative Nesting Treasured Frames

CO726848 - Gentlemans Emporium - Border Collection hot foil stamps
CO726831 - Gentlemans Emporium - Gentlemans Timepiece Mini Die