Tuesday 10 December 2019

Peaceful Peonies - Floral Frame Card

Peaceful Peonies - Floral Frame Card


The small paper pad in this collection is 6 1/2" square.  I've simply matted and layered this sheet with some plain pink and silver card onto a 7" square card blank..  I've used the same pink card as a mat for the sentiment, which is hot foiled on white pearl card.

The Peaceful Peonies collection has some beautiful cut, foil and emboss dies.  These are great as you can achieve a very detailed look without lots of fiddly bits to glue down.  I've used foil on this card, but the cut, foil, emboss dies can be inked and die cut instead, or just die cut and coloured using the contours as a guide.


For the foiling I've used my GoPress & Foil, along with the Couture Creations Conversion Plate for the cut, foil and emboss dies. (see my video)

I've used a peach coloured semi-transparent foil for the Peony Bouquet, on some white pearl card.


For the leaves (Leafy Branch), I've foiled in silver on both some more of the white pearl card, and also on some green pearl card.

To fit the leaves around the right hand side of the sentiment I cut into one of the pieces and separated it into two parts.  Some of the leaves are stuck down underneath the sentiment panel.



My video shows you how I used the cut, foil and emboss dies to make the elements on this card, including how to use them without foil.



Couture Creations Products Used:

CO727351 - Paper Pad - 6 1/2 x 6 1/2in - Peaceful Peonies - (24 sheets)
CO727416 - Cut, Foil & Emboss Die - Peaceful Peonies - Leafy Branch (1pc)
CO727417 - Cut, Foil & Emboss Die- Peaceful Peonies - Peony Bouquet
CO726567 - Hotfoil Stamp - Butterfly Garden - Live, Laugh, Love
CO726043 - Foil - Peach (Matte Finish) - Heat activated
CO725350 - Heat Activated Foil - Silver (Mirror Finish)