Monday 19 November 2018

Floral Squares Card

Floral Squares Card
Featuring Couture Creations Le Petit Jardin Collection



This is a really quick card (yes even with all that foiling).  I've used pages from the 6 x 6 Paper pad, and just one hotfoil stamp to create the square foiled panel.  I've foiled a sentiment, but you could die cut or stamp and emboss a sentiment instead.

I've used a sheet of A4 card to create my card blank, so its 14.9cm square, which is a little smaller than 6 inches, so I've trimmed my paper down by 4mm on each side so that it fits onto my card blank with a small white border from the card blank showing.

I've used the centre of my 6.x 6 page for my sentiment - If you are going to do this, do the foiling first before cutting the circle out of the centre of the page.  See my video (link at the bottom of page) for great tips on positioning your hotfoil stamps.



Cut the sentiment out of the centre of your paper using a round die.


Die cut an 11.5cm square piece of white card.

Position the Primrose Flower hotfoil stamp on your GoPress & Foil so that the flower will be in one corner of your card with the end of its stem in the centre of the square.  See the video.

Foil the flower (I've used Phantom Purple foil), leave the hotfoil stamp on the GoPress & Foil, add more foil and turn the card 1/4 turn and foil in the next corner.  Repeat this process for all four corners.


Remove the hot foil stamp from the GoPress & Foil and allow it to cool for a minute or two.

Position the Primrose Flower so that the flower is in the space between the corner flowers, along one of the edges.  I used Blue/Green Iridescent foil for these. As before, foil the flower on each side by turning the card 1/4 turn each time.


Cut a mat layer for your sentiment using a slightly larger round die, from a contrasting paper from the pad or some contrasting card.

Stick down your foiled square in the centre of your patterned paper, and add the round sentiment in the centre of the square.






CO725435 - Le Petit Jardin  - 6 x 6 Paper Pad
CO725424 - Le Petit Jardin  -  Primrose Flower Hotfoil Stamp
CO725289 - Anna Griffin     - With Love Hotfoil stamp  
CO725392 - Heat Activated Foil - Blue Green (Iridescent Finish)
CO726053 - Heat Activated Foil - Purple (Deep Mirror Finish)